Note to self: maybe raising a family of three kids is harder than you have ever thought…just maybe.
I guess I am not the only one who had higher expectations of themselves before being a mum. Holly molly this is freaking hard.
Please tell me if you feel identified with any of the following statements so that I do not feel alone:
- My personal life and my professional career will not come to a standstill vs I don’t know who I am anymore and I am in one year non-paid leave.
- Me during the whole pregnancy preparing to give labour vs the puerperium patiently waiting with an evil smile.
- After the quaratine, you can return your sexual life vs how long did you say the quarantine was? 40 days or 40 months?
- I’ll continue going out for lunch & dinner with husband/friends vs I only do plans in between naps.
- I will have plenty of time to cook vs eating whatever we have in the fridge or ordering in.
- I will also have time to look after the house vs dodging things on the ground so I don’t fall.
- I will not let myself go vs when was the last time I showered?
- Breastfeeding is the most amazing gift you can give to the baby vs so when will be the best time to wean him you said?
- During the night I do not think I will breastfeed vs almost 9 months with a minimum of 3 or 4 breast feeds a night.
- I will not be the kind of peaky mother who has problems having people minding the baby vs me wondering if baby is ok after 15 minutes without him.
- I will enjoy having some time for myself vs baby is with dad or with family and I am reading or planning things for the baby.
- I will not be the kind of mother that will be always talking about baby stuff vs I never get enough to talk about it.
Pease comment bellow with which statement you feel identified the most and if you have more “Mum expectations vs reality” so we could have a big laugh all together.